A sparrow when I'm broken, and eagle when I fly.....

Welcome to my world. I am an ordinary wife and mom who has been extraordinarily blessed by an amazing husband and house full of beautiful children. My prayer is that you will be somehow blessed by our family's story. It is a tale of God's grace and forgiveness...His loving kindness and patience with us His children as we strive & struggle everyday to bless His name with our lives

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Yasab!


Oh darling...can not believe you are 18 years old. I remember so well when Dad and I watched the "waiting child video" from AAI (Adoption Advocates International" and when it came to you, and your sweet face; sick with mumps....not willing to speak a word in your own defense...well...who could have resisted falling in love with you? You were 10 years old at best guess when you came home to us. I know it was hard honey. But you overcame it all. The grief. The culture shock. The PTSS. The horrific abuse of your early life. What happened to you is you fell in love with Jesus. You made Him your everything. He grew you into one of the MOST amazing woman of God I know. I am so excited to see the exciting plans He has for the rest of your life. May He bless you beyond your wildest dreams (He will!) and may you always seek His face first and foremost. We love you sweetie. We feel so grateful and thankful to call you "daughter"

2 comments:

ESolgos said...

Beautiful! We just adopted a ten year old girl through AAI- thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful young woman! Konjo!