A sparrow when I'm broken, and eagle when I fly.....

Welcome to my world. I am an ordinary wife and mom who has been extraordinarily blessed by an amazing husband and house full of beautiful children. My prayer is that you will be somehow blessed by our family's story. It is a tale of God's grace and forgiveness...His loving kindness and patience with us His children as we strive & struggle everyday to bless His name with our lives

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Job Assefa

I never shared about our newest "blessing" that joined the Feser family. We started the process to adopt Job in June 2008 just a few months after Jonathan died. We found out about tiny baby Assefa August 4th 2008 and received the official referral a few weeks later. Here is a photo of him a friend took when he was about a month old. The name Assefa means "God has multiplied/blessed our family" and Job means "flourishing through affliction"
Mike and I traveled to Ethiopia to visit Job (and have a 2nd honeymoon.) Here is Job at age 2 months when we first met him face to face. I was able to visit him in Ethiopia several more times before his adoption was finalized in Ethiopian court and I could bring him home.

Job was much adored and loved at "little AHOPE" in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia. He had the same caregivers from the time he was a few weeks old till I brought him to the U.S. to join our family. Here he is at 18 months at his going away party at AHOPE. It was hard for him and I and harder still for his beloved nannies that had to say goodbye to him. Many tears were shed that day. We thank God for the loving care he received at AHOPE and know he was well loved there. I brought him home (finally) in February. A long long wait that was well worth it!


Here is Job today at home. He turned two years on July 4th. He is a smart little boy and learning new things at lighting speed. Like lots of brilliant kids I know he tends toward the naughty side of things. We love him just gobs and gobs. He is doing so well and is very healthy in spite of his "special need".

Here is our three "baby" boys that God brought home to us in about a year's worth of time. We are so rich and greatly blessed.


Judah almost 5 years old. Job almost 2 years and Jarib age 16 mos. Enjoying the last week or two of glorious sunny weather this fall of 2010




No comments: